Oracle Database 11g: Advanced PL/SQL
In this course, students learn to use the advanced features of PL/SQL in order to design and tune PL/SQL to interface with the database and other applications in the most efficient manner. Using advanced features of program design, packages, cursors, extended interface methods, large objects, and collections, students learn to write powerful PL/SQL programs. Students also learn programming efficiency, use of external C and Java routines, fine-grained access and safeguarding code against SQL Injection attacks.
This course counts towards the Hands-on course requirement for the Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certification. Only instructor-led inclass or instructor-led online formats of this course will meet the Certification Hands-on Requirement. Self Study CD-Rom and Knowledge Center courses DO NOT meet the Hands-on Requirement.
- Write code to interface with external applications and the operating system
- Create PL/SQL applications that use collections
- Implement a virtual private database with fine-grained access control
- Write code to interface with large objects and use SecureFile LOBs
- Safeguard code against SQL injection attacks
- Design PL/SQL packages and program units that execute efficiently