Cryptography is about constructing and analyzing protocols that prevent third parties or the public from reading private messages. This course will introduce you to the fundamentals of Cryptography – from deep theory concepts, to practical applications of the different encryption schemes and where they are used in real world applications (e.g. dig. sign. in Blockchain). We will cover all aspects of modern cryptography such as data confidentiality, data integrity, authentication, and non-repudiation.
סייבר ואבטחת מידע
מספר הקורס 71582
Explain the strength of different encryption schemes against different kinds of attacks.
Choose the correct encryption scheme for your mission.
Correctly secure your secrets/data in your applications.
Understand Blockchain, smart contracts and their connection to crypto currencies like Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Solve Crypto CTF’s for fun & profit.
Intro & Stream Ciphers
- What is cryptography?
- Course overview
- What is cryptography
- History of cryptography
- Crash course in discrete probability
- Discrete probability (crash course)
- Discrete probability (crash course, continued)
- Stream Ciphers 1: the one-time pad and stream ciphers
- Stream Ciphers 3: real-world examples
- Stream Ciphers 4: what is a secure cipher?
- Block Ciphers 1: overview
- Block Ciphers 2: The Data Encryption Standard
- The Data Encryption Standard (DES)
- Exhaustive search attacks
- More attacks on block ciphers
- Block Ciphers 3: AES and other constructions
- The AES block cipher
- Block ciphers from PRGs
- How to Use Block Ciphers 1: one-time key
- Review: PRPs and PRFs
- Modes of operation: one-time key
- How to Use Block Ciphers 2: many-time key
- Security for many-time key (CPA security)
- Modes of operation: many-time key (CBC)
- Modes of operation: many-time key (CTR)
- Message Integrity 1: definitions
- Message authentication codes
- MACs based on PRFs
- Message Integrity 2: constructions
- CBC-MAC and NMAC
- MAC padding
- Collision Resistance 1: what is a collision resistant function?
- Generic birthday attack
- Collision Resistance 2: constructions
- The Merkle-Damgard paradigm
- Constructing compression functions
- HMAC: a MAC from a hash function
Basic Key Exchange
- Basic Key Exchange 1: problem statement
- Basic Key Exchange 2: two solutions
- Number Theory 1: modular arithmetic
- Number Theory 2: easy and hard problems
- Public Key Encryption from Trapdoor Permutations
- Public Key Encryption from Trapdoor Permutations: RSA
- Public Key Encryption from Trapdoor Permutations: attacks
Intro to Blockchain
- What is the Blockchain?
- Application of the Blockchain.
- Differences between PoW and PoS.
- Brief History Overview
- Crypto used in Bitcoin (SHA256, ECDSA)
- Full nodes
- Different kinds of wallets (cold, paper, hardware), and the risks of using each.
- Transactions and blocks structures.
- The mining process, tx fees, miners reward.
- Mining difficulty.
- Intro to dapps and smart contracts (Ethereum)
- Truffle, ERC Process (ERC-20)
- Different types: Inline, New PE, Resource
- Cryptography techniques used.
- Overview on Ransomware evolution
- How to revert Ransomware operation?
- Petya ransomware full breakdown
- CPU Enclaves technology overview
- Intel SGX breakdown – is it secure?
- What is attestation?
- Known attacks (side-channel)
- Simple Enclave programming
- C and Python programming.
- Linear Algebra, Probability, Group Theory.
לא הצלחנו לאתר את הטופס.