This course describes how to implement a data warehouse platform to support a BI solution. Students will learn how to create a data warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2014, implement ETL with SQL Server Integration Services, and validate and cleanse data with SQL Server Data Quality Services and SQL Server Master Data Services.
דאטה ומסדי נתונים
Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012-2014 – MOC 20463
מספר הקורס 21463
Describe data warehouse concepts and architecture considerations.
Select an appropriate hardware platform for a data warehouse.
Design and implement a data warehouse.
Implement Data Flow in an SSIS Package.
Implement Control Flow in an SSIS Package.
Debug and Troubleshoot SSIS packages.
Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data extraction.
Implement an ETL solution that supports incremental data loading.
Implement data cleansing by using Microsoft Data Quality Services.
Implement Master Data Services to enforce data integrity.
Extend SSIS with custom scripts and components.
Deploy and Configure SSIS packages.
Describe how BI solutions can consume data from the data warehouse.
This course is intended for database professionals who need to create and support a data warehousing solution
Primary responsibilities include:
- Implementing a data warehouse.
- Developing SSIS packages for data extraction, transformation, and loading.
- Enforcing data integrity by using Master Data Services.
- Cleansing data by using Data Quality Services.
Module 1: Introduction to Data Warehousing
This module provides an introduction to the key components of a data warehousing solution and the high-level considerations you must take into account when you embark on a data warehousing project.
- Overview of Data Warehousing
- Considerations for a Data Warehouse Solution
Module 2: Planning Data Warehouse Infrastructure
This module discusses considerations for selecting hardware and distributing SQL Server facilities across servers.
- Considerations for Data Warehouse Infrastructure
- Planning Data Warehouse Hardware
Module 3: Designing and Implementing a Data Warehouse
This module describes the key considerations for the logical design of a data warehouse, and then discusses best practices for its physical implementation.
- Data Warehouse Design Overview
- Designing Dimension Tables
- Designing Fact Tables
- Physical Design for a Data Warehouse
Module 4: Creating an ETL Solution with SSIS
This module discusses considerations for implementing an ETL process, and then focuses on Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) as a platform for building ETL solutions.
- Introduction to ETL with SSIS
- Exploring Data Sources
- Implementing Data Flow
Module 5: Implementing Control Flow in an SSIS Package
This module describes how to implement ETL solutions that combine multiple tasks and workflow logic.
- Introduction to Control Flow
- Creating Dynamic Packages
- Using Containers
- Managing Consistency
Module 6: Debugging and Troubleshooting SSIS Packages
This module describes how you can debug packages to find the cause of errors that occur during execution. It then discusses the logging functionality built into SSIS that you can use to log events for troubleshooting purposes. Finally, the module describes common approaches for handling errors in control flow and data flow.
- Debugging an SSIS Package
- Logging SSIS Package Events
- Handling Errors in an SSIS Package
Module 7: Implementing a Data Extraction Solution
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- At least 2 years’ experience of working with relational databases, including:
- Designing a normalized database.
- Creating tables and relationships.
- Querying with Transact-SQL.
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
לא הצלחנו לאתר את הטופס.