Oracle 11g: RAC and Grid Infrastructure Administration Accelerated Release 2
In this course, students will learn about the Oracle Grid Infrastructure products. This includes Oracle Automatic Storage Manager (ASM), ASM Cluster File System and Oracle Clusterware. Students will also learn to administer the Oracle Clusterware and storage products using both command line utilities and graphical tools. Administration of ASM and ACFS will be done using both command line and graphical user interface clients. Students will learn how to leverage the Oracle Clusterware to make applications highly available, supporting monitoring and failover to other nodes. Students will learn to troubleshoot the Oracle Clusterware by examining log files, enabling debugging, and enabling tracing for various utilities.
Students will learn about RAC database administration in the Oracle Grid Infrastructure environment. Students will learn to administer cluster databases using Enterprise Manager and command-line utilities like SRVCTL, CRSCTL, and SQL*Plus. Students will study the new connection architecture and how to make those connections highly available. Backup and recovery issues relative to cluster database environments will also be studied.
- Describe Oracle Database 11g Grid Infrastructure enhancements and new features
- Administer both Policy and Administrator managed RAC databases
- Install and configure Grid Infrastructure
- Describe Oracle Database 11g RAC enhancements and new features
- Describe Grid Plug and Play
- Use Oracle Clusterware to make applications highly available