Oracle Database 11g: Administer a Data Warehouse
Students learn about Oracle’s Database partitioning architecture and identify the benefits of partitioning. Students also use parallel operations to reduce response time for data-intensive operations. Participants extract, transform, and load data into an Oracle database warehouse. Students also use materialized views to improve the data warehouse performance. Students also learn how query rewrite can improve a query’s performance. Students use the SQL Access Advisor to optimize the entire workload. Finally, students learn how to tune materialized views for fast refresh and query rewrite and how to use the compression and resumable sessions features.
- Implement partitioning
- Use parallel operations to reduce response time
- Extract, Transform, and Load data
- Create, use, and refresh materialized views to improve the data warehouse performance
- Use Query rewrite to quickly answer business queries using materialized views
- Use SQL Access Advisor and PL/SQL procedures to tune materialized views for fast refresh and query rewrite