Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II Release 2
This course takes the database administrator beyond the basic tasks covered in the first workshop. The student begins by gaining a much deeper understanding of possibly the most important job of a DBA – backup and recovery. The concepts and architecture that support backup and recovery, along with the steps of how to carry it out in various ways and situations, are covered in detail. This includes how to define and test your own backup and recovery scenarios.
Also, the DBA learns how to manage memory effectively and how to perform some performance evaluation and tuning tasks, including using some of the advisors. All types of flashback technologies, scheduling jobs inside and outside of the database, and controlling system resource usage are also covered.
- Automate DBA tasks with the Scheduler
- Diagnose and repair data failures with Flashback technology
- Manage space to optimize database storage and to be able to respond to growing space requirements
- Monitor and manage major database components, including as memory, performance, and resources
- Secure the availability of your database by appropriate backup and recovery strategies