Oracle Database 11g: Performance Tuning
Students learn how to use Oracle Database 11g automatic tuning features such as SQL Tuning Advisor, SQL Access Advisor, Automatic Workload Repository and Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor, and practice these tuning methods. The course focuses on the tuning tasks expected of a DBA: reactive tuning of SQL statements, maintaining SQL statement performance, and tuning the Oracle Database Instance components. Throughout the course, students practice the art of tuning an Oracle Instance through a series of workshops. The methodology is practiced in the workshops rather than taught.
This course does not address partition tuning, materialized views, or RAC specific issues as they are covered in courses specifically for these products. This course makes use of many features that require the Enterprise Edition and optional Packs.
This course counts towards the Hands-on course requirement for the Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certification. Only instructor-led inclass or instructor-led online formats of this course will meet the Certification Hands-on Requirement. Self Study CD-Rom and Knowledge Center courses DO NOT meet the Hands-on Requirement.
- Use the Oracle Database tuning methodology appropriate to the available tools
- Utilize database advisors to proactively tune an Oracle Database Instance
- Use the tools based on the Automatic Workload Repository to tune the database.
- Diagnose and tune common SQL related performance problems
- Diagnose and tune common Instance related performance problems
- Use Enterprise Manager performance-related pages to monitor an Oracle Database