Oracle Database: Program with PL/SQL
This Oracle Database: Program with PL/SQL course begings with an introduction to PL/SQL and proceeds to list the benefits of this powerful programming language. Expert Oracle University instructors will teach you how to create PL/SQL blocks of application code that can be shared by multiple forms, reports and data management applications.
- Conditionally control code flow (loops, control structures).
- Use PL/SQL packages to group and contain related constructs.
- Create triggers to solve business challenges.
- Use some of the Oracle supplied PL/SQL packages to generate screen output and file output.
- Create anonymous PL/SQL blocks, functions and procedures.
- Declare PL/SQL variables.
- Manage PL/SQL subprograms, triggers, declaring identifiers and trapping exceptions.
- Understand and influence the PL/SQL compiler and manage dependencies.
- Create anonymous PL/SQL blocks, focusing on stored procedures and functions.
Benefits to You
You'll also enhance your developer skills by learning to develop, execute and manage PL\SQL stored program units like procedures, functions, packages and database triggers. Understanding the basic functionality of how to debug functions and procedures using the SQL Developer Debugger gives way to refined lines of code.
Use Dynamic SQL
During this course, you'll also utilize some of the Oracle-supplied packages. Expert instructors will teach you how to use Dynamic SQL and will help you understand design considerations when coding using PL/SQL
Use Oracle SQL Developer
You'll use Oracle SQL Developer to develop these program units. SQL*Plus and JDeveloper are introduced as optional tools. This is appropriate for a 10g and 11g audience. There are minor changes between 10g and 11g features. It's a bundle of Oracle Database: PL/SQL Fundamentals and Oracle Database: Develop PL/SQL Program Units courses.